- 1st Shield : Repelling by silver oxide and sialyllactose to protect against heavy metals and viral infection
- 2nd Shield : Elimination by Aquatide to enhence skin barrier function and autophagosis of PAHs
- 3rd Shield : Homeostasis by Aquatide to suppress inflammation and allergic reactions
Our skin is facing many kinds of stress such as ageing, mycrobacterium and virus attack, UV and infrared light as well as recently focused environmental stress such as PM1, PM2.5, PM10 and pollen.
In ageing and stress conditions, PM10, PM2.5 and its component, polyaromatic hydrocarbons(PAHs) and heavy metals attack skin cells and cause cellular damage, inflammation and pigmentation.
Aquatide-TripleShield has been developed specifically for troubled or sensitive skin. Aquatide-TripleShield contains three active ingredients, Aquatide, Silver Oxide and Sialyllactose, that protects the skin from environmental stressor - PM10, PM2.5, heavy metals, PAHs and pollen - and improves skin resistance and moisture barrier, enhances antioxidant.
* Aquatide is a multi-functional peptide having the activation of autophagy, strengthen the skin barrier function, reduced inflammation signal.
* Silver Oxide, a positively charged compound, prevents heavy metal ions accumulation on the skin.
* Sialyllactose enhances an innate immune response and prevents the skin from virus and microbiome infections.
· Silver Oxide prevents heavy metal ion accumulation and penetration through magnetic force
· Sialyllactose prevents virus infection and activates innate immunity
Skin volunteers were applied with 100ppm Aquatide in PEG/EtOH solution or vehicle for 2 weeks. D-squome was removed using tape stripping and TEWL was measured using Vapormeter. Aquatide enhances the skin barrier function and prevents water loss significantly.
Normal Keratinocyte cells were treated with Aquatide for 24hrs, and stained using anti-filaggrin/FITC labeled 2nd Antibody.
Aquatide increases the filaggrin expression in keratinocytes.
HDFn cells were pre-treated with Vitamin C or Aquatide before H₂O₂ addition. Intracellular ROS was measured using DCFH-DA staining and FACS analysis. Aquatide pre-treatment enhances high ROS scavenging activity.
Volunteer aged 41 applied each formulation for 2 weeks and applied each pollutants using closed patch for 48hrs.
Aquatide-TripleShield reduces a pollutants-mediated inflammation and irritancy.
Pollen, PM2.5 and its major harmful element PAH, especially benzo[a]pyrene increase production of PGE2 through COX2 induction and shows a sign of inflammatory symptoms.
HaCaT cells were treated with LPS/PM2.5 or Pollen and w/, w/o Aquatide for 24hrs, and quantified PGE2 level using ELISA.
Aquatide reduces LPS/PM2.5-mediatied PGE2 secretion.