AdipoSOL™ 2000 is a novel anti-photoageing ingredient that protects the skin from UV stress through autophagy induction and adiponectin expression in skin cells. Shifting of MED proves its skin protection against UV.
UV exposure decreases the expression of adiponectin, a well-known adipokine, secreted by adipocytes, leading to the exacerbation of photoageing by stimulating MMP-1 expression and inhibiting procollagen synthesis. Thus the repeated skin damage and imperfect repair caused by UV exposure results in “photoageing” and “inflammageing”.
AdipoSOL™2000 has multiple functions against UV damage such as the recovery of UV-induced adiponectin, collagen reduction and decrease of UV-induced MMP-1 and inflammatory cytokines.
Induces expression of cell communicating proteins
- Autophagy reduces the inflammation and oxidative stress caused by various environmental stresses including UV.
- Enhancing of autophagy leads to anti-ageing effect.
Increased production of autophagy marker LC3 by AdipoSOL™ 2000
was observed by confocal microscopy (human
dermal fibroblast, 24hr). LC3 puncta of autophagosome were
labelled with green spots.
Increases Adiponectin expression through Autophagy activation
- Adiponectin is a typical adipokine secreted from adipocytes, of which expression is reduced in UV-exposed skin.
- Increment of Adiponectin expression in the effectiveness of AdipoSOL™ 2000 is reduced by treatment of Autophagy inhibitor.
Decreases MMP-1 Expression
- In 3D skin model (MatTek EpiDermFT™), immunohistochemical analysis detected reduced MMP-1 level in both keratinocytes and dermis after AdipoSOL™ 2000 treatment for 24hr.
Recovers Collagen Reduction
Increased collagen was measured by ELISA using culture supernatant in 3D skin model (MatTek EpiDermFT™). 3D skin was treated 100 uM AdipoSOL™ 2000 for 24hr and then UVB 100 mJ/ cm2. After UVB exposure, 3D skin was incubated for 4 days.
Decreases Expression and Secretion of Inflammatory Factors
- Human epidermal keratinocytes and 3D skin model (MatTek EpiDermFT™) were incubated 100 uM AdipoSOL™ 2000 for 24hr and then exposed to UVB 100 mJ/cm². Anti-inflammation effect was detected by ELISA (Left) and RT-PCR (Right).
Shift of MED
- Redness formation in topical skin application of AdipoSOL™ 2000 is less severe than vehicle.
- 2 weeks pre-treatment of AdipoSOL™ 2000 shows shifting of MED by 56.2%.
Reduces Skin Redness
- 12 volunteers were applied with 100ppm AdipoSOL™ 2000 in cream or vehicle for 4 weeks.
- AdipoSOL™ 2000 reduces skin Redness by 13.23% than vehicle. Redness measured using Chromameter.